Der Belsnickel Craft Show
Booths and Displays:
Participants must adhere to the
following show regulations:
- Packing up displays before the end of the show
at 4:00 PM on Saturday is not permitted.
- Floor length table covers and professional looking
booths and displays are required.
- Backdrops are required for all
- Participants must keep their booth area neat and
- All hanging displays must be secured
- No open flames or burning of candles
- Participants are financially responsible for any
damage they cause to Boyertown School District
property or personnel. This is especially true of
the gymnasium flooring and floor mats. Rugs and
floor covering are highly suggested to avoid
damage to the floor and mats.
- No use of artificial garland, flashing colored lights,
or gaudy decorations.
- 90% of the craft must be made by the
participant. Assembling commercially made items
is not acceptable.
- No commercially made or re-sale items including
jewelry, iron work, belts, ceramics, textiles, soaps,
food, fabric art, precast pottery, baskets, etc.
- No precut wooden shapes except for shaker pegs.
- No commercially made baskets or straw hats
except as accessories for dolls and toys.
- No plastic items, pompoms, wiggle eyes, pipe
cleaners, or florist ribbon.
- No mechanically applied designs on commercially
- No sale of artificial wreaths, garland, or floral
- No sweatshirts and/or tee shirts with stenciled
- No pre-stamped or cheater's cloth that simulates
quilting or pieced fabric designs.
- No commercially made lace panels such as those
used to make pillows or dolls.
- Only juried items may be sold.
|Der Belsnickel Craft Show
Boyertown Area Historical Society
Jonathan's Wooden Spoons
Jack Paolini Historic Photography
|Rosalie Birt's Belsnickels
|The Belsnickel supports the educational,
preservation, cultural, research,
of the Boyertown Area Historical Society.
|The 2014 Show will be held
November 28 and 29, 2014
at the Boyertown Senior High School
The hours are:
11:00 AM-6:00 PM (Friday)
10:00 AM-4:00 PM (Saturday)
No charge for children 12
|The show was named for the
Pennsylvania German folk
character who traveled to
farms and visited the children
at Christmas time.
Good children were rewarded
with candy and oranges.
Naughty children received a
sharp crack on the hand from
the Belsnickel's switch.
|Backdrops are now
of ALL particpants!
The 2014 show is sold out.
Please note that every effort is made to
structure the Belsnickel as a balance
between traditional and modern crafts.
There are established quotas for all areas.
|About 4,000 people attend this annual
|Ukranian Eggs Art by Pysanky Collectibles
|Copyright 2014 Boyertown Area Historical Society
|Der Belsnickel is a Juried Craft Show.
Jury sessions are held three times a year.
There will be a fall jury session, the date
is yet to be determined.
Those attending a jury session should:
Tables are provided for the jury session.
- Bring a samples of the items they
would like to sell at the show.
- Be prepared to answer questions
about your creative efforts.
- Know that the process takes about
- started in 1970 to preserve and
promote historic crafts.
- has been recognized nationally
for its emphasis on high quality
traditional and modern crafts.
- held annually the Friday and
Saturday after Thanksgiving.