Booths and Displays:
Participants must adhere to the
following show regulations:
- Packing up displays before the end of the show at 4:00 PM on Saturday is not permitted.
- Floor length table covers and professional looking booths and displays are required.
- Backdrops are required for all participants.
- Participants must keep their booth area neat and clean.
- No displaying of signs discounting the price of craft items
- All hanging displays must be secured
- No open flames or burning of candles
- Participants are financially responsible for any damage they cause to Boyertown School District
property or personnel. This is especially true of the gymnasium flooring and floor mats. Rugs and
floor covering are highly suggested to avoid damage to the floor and mats.
- No use of artificial garland, flashing colored lights, or gaudy decorations.
- 90% of the craft must be made by the participant. Assembling commercially made items is not
- No commercially made or re-sale items including jewelry, iron work, belts, ceramics, textiles, soaps,
food, fabric art, precast pottery, baskets, etc.
- No precut wooden shapes except for shaker pegs.
- No commercially made baskets or straw hats except as accessories for dolls and toys.
- No plastic items, pompoms, wiggle eyes, pipe cleaners, or florist ribbon.
- No mechanically applied designs on commercially manufactured clothing.
- No sale of artificial wreaths, garland, or floral designs.
- No sweatshirts and/or tee shirts with stenciled designs.
- No pre-stamped or cheater's cloth that simulates quilting or pieced fabric designs.
- No commercially made lace panels such as those used to make pillows or dolls.
- Only juried items may be sold.
|Der Belsnickel Craft Show
Boyertown Area Historical Society
Jonathan's Wooden Spoons
Jack Paolini Historic Photography
of the Boyertown
Boyertown Junior High West Complex
11:00 AM-6:00 PM (Friday) November 25, 2016
10:00 AM-4:00 PM (Saturday) November 26, 2016
No charge for children 12 and under.
|The show was named for the
Pennsylvania German folk
character who traveled to farms and
visited the children at Christmas
Good children were rewarded
with candy and oranges.
Naughty children received a sharp
crack on the hand from the
|Rosalie Birt's Belsnickels
|About 4,000 people attend this annual
|Ukranian Eggs Art by Pysanky Collectibles
|Copyright 2016 Boyertown Area Historical Society
|Der Belsnickel is a Juried Craft Show.
Jury sessions are held three times a year.
The next jury session is September 25, 2016. It will
be held at the Boyertown Area Historical Society, at
Those attending a jury session should know that:
- tables are provided to display crafts
- interested individual should bring samples of the
items they would like to sell at the show.
- they should prepared to answer questions about
your creative efforts.
- the process takes about ten minutes.
|Belsnickel registration forms were either
emailed or sent USPS right
before Easter 2017.
If you have been juried and were
accepted as a participant in the Belsnickel
but did not receive an application,
please contact the Society at
8'x8' spaces are sold out!