|2105 registrations have been sent out to juried
or qualified craft people.
Der Belsnickel Craft Show:
Booths and Displays:
Participants must adhere to the
following show regulations:
- Packing up displays before the end of the show
at 4:00 PM on Saturday is not permitted.
- Floor length table covers and professional looking
booths and displays are required.
- Backdrops are required for all
- Participants must keep their booth area neat and
- No displaying of signs discounting the price of
- All hanging displays must be secured
- No open flames or burning of candles
- Participants are financially responsible for any
damage they cause to Boyertown School District
property or personnel. This is especially true of
the gymnasium flooring and floor mats. Rugs and
floor covering are highly suggested to avoid
damage to the floor and mats.
- No use of artificial garland, flashing colored lights,
or gaudy decorations.
- 90% of the craft must be made by the
participant. Assembling commercially made items
is not acceptable.
- No commercially made or re-sale items including
jewelry, iron work, belts, ceramics, textiles, soaps,
food, fabric art, precast pottery, baskets, etc.
- No precut wooden shapes except for shaker pegs.
- No commercially made baskets or straw hats
except as accessories for dolls and toys.
- No plastic items, pompoms, wiggle eyes, pipe
cleaners, or florist ribbon.
- No mechanically applied designs on commercially
- No sale of artificial wreaths, garland, or floral
- No sweatshirts and/or tee shirts with stenciled
- No pre-stamped or cheater's cloth that simulates
quilting or pieced fabric designs.
- No commercially made lace panels such as those
used to make pillows or dolls.
- Only juried items may be sold.
|Der Belsnickel Craft Show
Boyertown Area Historical Society
Jonathan's Wooden Spoons
Jack Paolini Historic Photography
|Rosalie Birt's Belsnickels
of the Boyertown
|The 2015 Belsnickel
Boyertown Jr. High West Complex
2nd & Madison Streets
Boyertown, PA 19512
November 27 & 28, 2015
The hours are:
11:00 AM-6:00 PM (Friday)
10:00 AM-4:00 PM (Saturday)
No charge for children 12 and under.
|The show was named for the
Pennsylvania German folk
character who traveled to
farms and visited the
children at Christmas time.
Good children were
with candy and oranges.
Naughty children received a
sharp crack on the hand
from the Belsnickel's switch.
|About 4,000 people attend this annual
|Ukranian Eggs Art by Pysanky Collectibles
|Copyright 2015 Boyertown Area Historical Society
|Der Belsnickel is a Juried Craft Show.
Jury sessions are held three times a year.
The date for the Summer jury session
will be posted as soon as it has been
determined. Tables are provided for the
Those attending a jury session should:
- Bring a samples of the items they
would like to sell at the show.
- Be prepared to answer questions
about your creative efforts.
- Know that the process takes about ten
- started in 1970 to preserve and promote
- has been recognized nationally for its
emphasis on high quality traditional and
- held annually the Friday and Saturday